No one can deny the importance of hashtags in social media. Whether you love them or hate them, you will find them everywhere on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, and Google+.
Quirky they might seem, but hashtags are valuable tools, which makes the content/page visible to users. Here in this article you’ll learn how to use hashtags effectively.
Here are a few quick tips:
1. Trending topics: If you want your posts to become visible to more users, then append hashtags to relevant words or trending words/topics. If your business caters to the global audience, focus on a topic that’s trending in a particular country.
2. Don’t overdo: Avoid adding a hashtag to every other word in the post. It can put your readers off as it affects readability. Use not more than three or four hashtags.
3. Move beyond the recommended ones: Social media sites such as Google+ suggest hashtags when you publish a post. However, they may not be the best ones. Use your own perceptive and use the tags that are more relevant. It will help users find your content more effectively.
4. hashtags in Instagram: You can use as many as hashtags in Instagram, almost 30, literally. And if you don’t using hashtags, your content will go unnoticed!
5. Roll the hashtag: You can create your own hashtags particularly when starting a campaign. It will help make your campaign gain a widespread publicity. For instance, #riseblog, #tipoftheweek and more.